Sunday, December 16, 2007

Bandit is Missing

This will be a sad Christmas for me this year. Bandit has been missing since Wednesday, the 12th. It was unusual that he didn't come home Wednesday night. On Thursday I began putting missing posters up on poles around the neighborhood. While putting one up a block away from home, a group of boys came up to me to tell me they had seen Bandit the day before and in fact had chased him down the street. Well, apparently, they chased him out of his familiar territory and he is now roaming far and wide looking for his home. He was sighted in a park about two miles away a few days later but, of course, he wasn't there when I went looking for him. I have no idea how to find him except to put posters up for miles around and at the vet's with the hope that someone will find him. He does have a chip in his shoulder in case he should be caught by someone. My greatest worry is that he'll be hit by a car or caught by a coyote or hunting bird which are common in the desert. I guess there's a slim possibility that he will find his way home some day. I didn't think cats got lost but I guess they do if chased out of their familiar territory. Wish me luck in finding him.

1 comment:

anatoly said...

Sorry to learn about it. Cats are usually back sooner or later if they are alive.